BASIC INFORMATION AND STUDY PROGRAMMES
Erasmus project that ended in academic year 2018/2019
At Secondary School of Electrical Engineering and Technical Gymnasium the following study programmes are carried out:
- Technical Gymnasium: 4 years, General matura exam
- Electrotechnician: 4 years, Vocational matura exam
- Computer Technician: 4 years, Vocational matura exam
- Electrician: 3 years, Final examination
- Computer Operator: 3 years, Final examination
There are around 1,000 students and more than 70 teachers and other staff.
All study programmes consist of general knowledge subjects, professional theoretical subjects and practical subjects, all of which are taught in specialised classrooms. We also provide a number of extracurricular activities and are affiliated with multiple companies that assist us in finding work experience positions for our students.
Our aim is to be a school of cooperative learning and teaching which establishes a framework for continuous professional and personal growth of students and teachers.
We want to prepare students for the challenges and temptations of our modern technological society and adopt the principle of life-long learning.
Classes are held in well-equipped classrooms with the most modern interactive whiteboards, computers and projectors all of which have internet connectivity. Practical lessons are held in specialised classrooms and laboratories. Students studying electrical and computer engineering take their practical lessons at nearby companies.
We provide a wide range of clubs and activities that students can choose from according to their interests. These include multimedia, SCiDROM (electronics, IT), robotics, drama, foreign languages and sports. Many of our students take this to the next level by representing the school in sporting and academic competitions at the local, regional, national and international levels. Our school magazine is also very popular and features supplements in English, French and German.
Erasmus projects in academic year 2020/2021 and 2021/2022
Erasmus projects are international projects that last for more than one academic year. A more detailed description can be found here.
Erasmus projects in academic year 2019/2020
- Erasmus+ K2 Modelling educational robot - The idea is to model a robot for educational purposes. The project started in October 2019.
- Erasmus+ K2 GAMEEST - The aim is to introduce gamification into learning/teaching processes. The project started in November 2019.
- Erasmus+ K2 Math for life - The project targets the idea of applying mathematics into everyday life. The project ended in October 2019. Participating countries: Slovenia, Italy and Latvia.
- Erasmus+ K2 - DIGI4SOCIAL - The aim of the project was to enhance digital and social competencies. Participating countries: Portugal, Turkey, Spain, Italy and Slovenia.
School Centre Novo mesto
Secondary school of Electrical Engineering and Technical Gymnasium
Šegova ulica 112
8000 Novo mesto
CONTACT TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR ENGLISH SPEAKING CLIENTS:
(00386) 7 393 2 293 (Marjana Pogačnik)
WEBSITE ADDRESS: https://www.sc-nm.si/sestg/
Boris Plut (#EM#626e706a772b766b7d7d4a786f2060623e627b#EM#)
Drago Crnić (#EM#647363646b2b65756660694b7f6e23617d3f617a#EM#)
Vesna Parkelj (#EM#7664716d652b76667a626f67664d7d6c3d7f7f3d677c#EM#)
SCHOOL COUNSELLING TEAM:
Zlatka Kocjan (#EM#7a6d63776f64286c676a606a624d7d6c3d7f7f3d677c#EM#)
Jasmina Jevnikar, univ. dipl. psih. (#EM#6a60716e6d6b6729626c7c6565666f7d5062713e7a78386471#EM#)
Mateja Pavše (#EM#6d6076666e642877697f796e4c7e6d227e7c3c607d#EM#)